Friday, February 7, 2014

The One Where I Weep When The UPS Guy Comes

I've been reading blogs and I follow several people on Instagram and I Like some pages on Facebook.  And I see everyone's stack of books.

Last year, over the summer, we looked for a new church.  Love our old church but really needed a smaller youth group for our son.  The big, loud, crowded scene just wasn't doing it for him.   Our Life Group disbanded after several years and we were lost.  Lost at church, Lost in the crowd, feeling like we needed a home.

Before trying out several churches.  My husband and I listened to PodCasts of local pastors.  We narrowed it down to two.  We went to the first one and honestly that was it.  We were instantly home.


The pastor encouraged us to read more books, the bible in various versions (particularly if you are prone to reading the same one).  He told us to seek out books that increase our faith, uplift us, point us to Jesus.

I immediately got some books, I lived it seemed at Half Price Books, see the Blog Here: The One Where I Choose Books

I've read Desperate and I'm almost done with What Women Fear.

As I've read blogs and Facebook and seen Instagram feeds I've seen more books I want to read.  I have a wish list on Amazon so as soon as I finish a book I can order more, and actually remember the ones I want to read.  LOL The 'ole menopause brain gets ya every time!

Sooo this week the buzz is about Notes From A Blue Bike, the last week or two the buzz was Chasing God.  Because I'm already reading an Angie Smith book, What Women Fear - so.good.  So.Good! And I purchased Mended at Half Price books, and I really wanted Chasing God.  Truth be told I want to BE Chasing God!

I also ordered Praying For Boys - Thrilled about this one.  I have boys, and boy do they need prayer! Well I need prayer, probably more than them.

FYI there's a contest going on to win Notes From A Blue Bike (and two other books I want to read) from TheNester.  But if you purchase the book before Saturday the author has some freebies for you!

Anyway, this is about the UPS guy.  It's freezing here in Texas, literally.  And I ordered these books last night while tweeting about the #IFGathering and listening to the IF Girls conduct the test.  Less than 24 hours later the books are on my door step.   I couldn't believe it.  And I'm so grateful to the UPS guy who was bundled up like the kid in Christmas Story who delivered them.



And I'm wishing I had time to dive into the books but I'm hosting a few ladies for the IF:Gathering at my house. Well and even if I weren't I'd be watching this moment in God With Women time because I have come to know these women through their blogs and books and Facebook updates and Instagram feeds and I feel this is an important time in my life, and the life of the women around me.  Close friends,  Inter-web friends, friends wanting change, purpose, answers, a closer walk, not a walk and infusion.

So the books came today while I'm in the midst of waiting, in a flight pattern, waiting to land, checking twitter as all my favorite bloggers, authors, wise women, imperfect letting their vulnerable show women gather to say IF and I leak out a bit in anticipation of what God will do in our lives over the next few ticks of the clock, days on on the calendar, moments of our lives, spans of time to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment