Saturday, February 22, 2014

The One Where I Talk About Small {Five Minute Friday}

Five Minute Friday

Yeah Yea the story of my life a day late.  The word for the day is Small.

I have a lot to say about small.   I am small.  I was born small. Three pounds.  Two ounces.  Small.  Fighting for life.  And it seems I've done that from my first breath.   In my smallness I demand to be here.  To be seen.  To be heard.

It's easy to look over the girl who's barely tall enough to be seen.  That's how it's felt.

Because of my smallness, I've been picked last for team sports.  Told I wouldn't be good at them.  I'm not tall enough.

Now at a full grown 5' 1" I see the error in that.  I can do anything.  Small but mighty.

In some ways, I'll be honest, that's how I've seen God.  Small.  In my humanness, smallness, He's small.  And maybe not so mighty.  What kind of Savior is an infant?  How can an infant change the world?

But don't we all change it? And don't we all come into the vastness of the universe in our smallness?

My favorite movie to watch at Christmas is Its A Wonderful Life.  Because of the message, we all matter, our life touches the lives of many.  And because it was the only thing on the hospital TV when I gave birth to my first born.  And his smallness changed my life.

Let Small Change You.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment