Friday, February 14, 2014

The One Where I Talk About Gardens {Five Minute Friday}

Five Minute Friday

So this is my first Five Minute Friday.  The topic is gardens.  I love gardens.  I wish I could grow something, anything.  Every year I think I'll have a garden.  I buy all the stuff. I till, I plant, I feed, I water.  Nothing.

I weed, I water, I till, I feed, I watch, I wait.  Nothing.

I've said on more than one occasion that I can kill Ivy. I can and have.  I've even killed cactus!  Yea, I'm that girl.

My grandmother had a garden, a big garden, a garden we ate from.
My mom had a garden, a big garden, a garden we ate from.
My sister had a garden, a small garden, a garden she ate from.

I'm a Texas, a southern woman, and like Weezer says in Steele Magnolias, I grow tomatoes because its what we do! I don't make the rules! We're southern!

I've never grown a tomato.   I've tried for years.

I like the thought of a garden.  Of growing vegetables that I'll eat.  To feed my family. I think it's a beautiful wonderful thing.   This like in many areas of life, I need guidance, and by guidance I mean "a tour guide" someone to walk me through it and help me step by step.

I think there's something Edenic about gardening, it all started there in the garden.  What in my minds eyes looks like a beautiful garden.  Where you walk through and have plenty of fruits and vegetables to pick fresh off the plant or vine.  

It leaves me wanting, that I can't grow a garden, or even a plant!   Maybe this spring I'll try again.  maybe I should start with one plant, or maybe flowers, instead of a a full garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment