Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Runner Girl!

Today is a run day for me.....Ka-Razy Awesome!! I want to run every day but I think I should take a break sometimes.

Anyway I hopped on the treadmill with the intention of doing W1D2 of c25k. I walked for a bit...like 2 minutes and then started running. I ran for a few minutes, rather than 60 seconds and said to myself. SELF!! Run this thing out!! You can run a mile...do it with no walking!!

And SELF said: OKAY we can do this!!

AND WE DID!! Ran it all at 4.0MPH.

Then I walked for a few minutes and ran out the remainder of the 1/4 mile.
Then I walked for a few minutes and ran out the next quarter mile.

I did this up to 2.5 miles. Whoo Hooo!!

Then I got a phone call from a good friend, so I slowed down to 2.9MPH and walked another 3/4 miles. For a total of 3.29 miles today!!

I could have gone further, but I have to pick up the kiddo from his summer program. Guess I shouldn't be all sweaty and smelly when I do that. LOL

GO ME!! RUNNER GIRL has returned!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment