Thursday, June 25, 2009

6%

When I checked my email this morning I had one from Spark People telling me it was time to move onto stage 3, I am ready for the "healthy lifestyle" stage. :)

At first I thought, me? come on. Could I ready for that? But as I thought about it more....I definately am ready. This is my life. Get up, exercise, eat right thoughout the day. Track my calories and fitness minutes. This is my life.

And I must say, I'm glad, I'm so ready to be here.

While packing stuff up for vacation this morning, I was trying on some of those "back of the closet" clothes, just to see....ya know. Lo and behold. Two tops that I've had stuck back there fit. Really well I might add. Not snug and with NO back-fat!!

Looking good and feeling pretty happy with myself, I did it, I stepped on the scale. Not to see my weight but to see my Body Fat Percentage. Although I had lost .2 ounces! (I'm almost to 138!!! Happy jig!!!)

When I started this journey I weighed 143.3 and my body fat percentage (according to my health o meter scale) was 41.5%.

Today I weighed 139.2 and my body fat percentage is 35!! I'm not sure what my BFP should be, probably under 20, right? But I've lost 6% fat!!!

And while I am very excited to be down 4ish pounds. I'm thrilled to see the BFP loss. All of this hard work, PAYS OFF!!

Oh and I've lost inches as well.

Natural Waist: 31.5
Belly Button: 32.25 (I don't have an original measurement, but this is down .75 from a week ago)
Hips: 37.25
Neck: 14.5

And while I say "hard work" its really fun! I love to run and I really like strength training. I love it that I have more definition. That I'm stronger. That I have endurance. That I have the physical and mental strength to perservere!

I am so excited about what the future holds for me and for my family. My oldest son is a runner, a triathlete. And now my youngest does crunches with me and wants to run on the treadmill. If only we could rope my husband in....that'll come, eventually. He's at least semi-tracking his calories! That's a start!

Anyway, I say all this to say......

Keep Going!! Its soooo worth it. You have everything you need within you to work this plan. Yesterday when I was challenging myself to run a mile without stopping, I kept saying to myself I can do this! And I did.

You can do it too. You CAN live healthy. You CAN be stronger. You CAN endure.

Now get out there and work your plan!!

Come on....you can say it!!

A PLAN WITH NO ACTION IS JUST A WISH!!

Stop wishing to feel better! And get your workout in!
Stop wishing to eat healthy! And just DO IT!!
Stop living your life by a wish bone!! Start living your life by the strength inside you!

PEACE OUT!!
Gotta pack!!       

No comments:

Post a Comment