Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The One Where I'm A Ghost

I went to Lukes today. I tried on several shoes, but teetered between saucony and brooks. 

The saucony was a bit narrow and it squeezed me at my big toe joint. I liked it but it literally rubbed me the wrong way. 

I also tried on the Vibrams. I like them. But I didn't have time to do much more than that, we had to be back home to get ready for Scout Camp. 

Soooo, I'm gonna go back and try on both the Vibrams and the New Balance and see how they compare. :D 

For my I'll run in a neutral shoe: The Brooks Ghost 4 

I'm still sore from whatever has been going on with my shoes and my feet this past week, so a real run is out for a few more days. I might not be able to run the 10K next week if I don't heal up soon.....as in the next 3-4 days. My concern is I'll get a DNF. 

Maybe I can walk some. I dunno. We'll see what happens. First I'll see if I can run Monday or Wednesday. 

Anyway, I'm still gonna get a minimalist shoe and the lady at Luke's said that would be a great option for me. 

She watched me walk. She watched me run. She watched me run on the treadmill with the shoes on; both standing in front of me and watching me in a mirror. Another employee watched me walk and run. Both said I do not over pronate. This is the 6th opinion in two days. So I'm wearing a neutral show now!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment