Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The One Where I Run With The Littles

Saturday I got up early. Got dressed. Had my coffee. Drank more water. Hubby and kiddo got ready too. Kiddo was running the 5K Race for the first time! At first he was gonna run it with his friends, then his teacher, then his friends, then me. Oh well, he'd run with whomever. 

The race atmosphere was great! I was excited! A friend of mine found me and asked if I'd run with her daughter and I said yes. I was hoping we'd keep a good pace but I was happy to just be running!! :D 

We started off and kept a good pace up to mile one. My running buddy wanted to walk a bit. So we decided we'd run/walk between the mailboxes. We'd run to one mailbox walk to the next one. 

I love this race route. It's awesome. It has just enough challenge and just enough scenery. 

Our Mile One Pace 13:05 

We made it to the turn around where I met up with my kiddo. He was really tired. He was sprinting... and walking and SPRINTING.... and walking. He didn't want to do run club this year so he was not prepared for this distance or the hills. 

He said I just can't run anymore. I said oh yes you can!! So my running buddy and I helped him to do the run walk, only this time we went between the telephone poles. :) 

His walking was reallllly slow. By the time we made it to mile 2 out pace was 14:38

Past mile two it was a struggle for my small people. They were done. And wanted to walk a lot. But I made them stick to the run walk. Our Runs were about 12mm pace, our Walks were around 17mm. 

We got to the bend where we were at the home stretch and I said OK, it's time to give it all we've got!! RUN RUN RUN!! 

My Running Buddy was in front of me and she ran fast!! Walked a bit but with some encouragement from her mom, darted off!! She came in 8th in her age group! 

I was right behind her! I came in 13th in my age group! 

My Kiddo was behind us by a few minutes, he came in 15th in his age group!! 

It wasn't an ideal race but I helped two young runners push through and achieve their goals!! 

My Time was 46:42 3.19 miles 
Official Time: 46.01 

No comments:

Post a Comment