Friday, January 24, 2014

The One Where It's Like Every Other Day... {#oneword365 Link Up}

I'm behind on many things....Like Blogging

I'm part of a link up group.  It's called Trusting Tuesday.... yeah, it's Friday. A week later from when that started.

I also forgot to give my kiddo funds for a Youth Gathering.

I've run around here frustrated about a variety of things.  Work, Household Things, Thankful Things (it's the 24th, I have 7-8 thankful things), Running Things (missed 5 runs this month).

This thing that appears to be an awesome opportunity that I just can't find peace about, is it fear or is it not for me?

But my word isn't Peace.
It's Trust.
And I feel that there are many things that have are falling into place as I Trust,
just pause every day and Trust

T - Thank Me (1000Gifts)
R - Read Me (The Bible, 12 books this year)
U - Use Me  (Where you need me)
S - Strengthen Me (To be the vessel)
T - Teach Me (To be poured out)
 
I've had many opportunities to trust this year.  Just Trust.  I don't have to understand it with my limited thoughts or earthly smallness. I only have to Let That Thing Go and Watch Him Perform on my behalf.

And in Letting It Go... things and stress and stuff out of my control (isn't all really though) and yea, we really live in this house and it probably won't look like a model home at least not while the kids are living at home.  And Lord knows I only have a few short years left.  little heart ache
here>

The Thanking and Reading and Using and Strength and Teaching, it's all leading somewhere and for now that somewhere isn't specific, but I know Trust it exists.

A break through with a group of Young Lives Mommas.

An interview that I'm excited about, interested in, looking for ways to Trust about.

A new and improved teenager, after a few weeks of counseling and some changes in our family goals, he's chatty and open and sharing, and well I'm a hopeful Momma.  My heart is full. 

Reading a new (to me) version of the bible, The Message, Remix, Bible In A Year. It's cool.  To be honest I've been a version snob for many years.  It's refreshing to read these familiar stories in new ways.  Before I know it this bible will be marked up.  I find myself using it for Bible Study.

Church is just awesome! I'm so glad we made the switch.  I'm getting bolder about asking people to come with us.  No one has showed up yet but I keep asking. Trusting.
 
I keep reading blogs. And She Reads Truth.  And reading my books.  I'm on Desperate's last chapters.  So Excited to have a book done and finish another one.  I have half read books all over the house!  Committed though to reading them!  I'm also open to book suggestions!  And find my second home at Half Price Books!

I keep Being Hungry and Thirsty and I find that in Trusting, I'm being Filled


In today's The Message was John 14, so familiar, read with new eyes today.  Read on to one of my favorite biblical commentaries Matthew Henry.

John 14:1 “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.

Commentary:
 Let not your  heart be troubled.  Christ took notice of it, observed it.  He is acquainted with all our secret undiscovered sorrows.  With the wounds that bleed inwardly.  He knows we are afflicted. How we are affected in affliction.  How near they lie in our hearts.  Jesus is cognizant of our troubles.  That we are overwhelmed.  He knows our souls in adversity.

The Remedy is Believe.  Greek: Pisteute
To have confidence. To Entrust.
Believe in God.  His Perfection. His Providence. His Principles. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment