Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The One Where I Get My Cast Off

Thursday last week I got my cast off after 4 weeks. Woo Hoo!! I can't explain how much I disliked being in the cast. It was painful, the swelling and throbbing was unbearable. I had more bad days than good days. Now that I'm in a brace, I'm relieved. At least when I'm in pain and there's swelling, I'm able to take it off for a bit. Next Wednesday I begin physical therapy and until then I'm doing PT at home. He has some goals for me to work on like: Open my hand all the way Close it. Make a fist with my thumb tucked Bend my wrist in all direction....well, this one is the most difficult and painful. I'm sore and swollen and stiff in the mornings. Sore and tired in the evenings. I have to warm my hand/wrist/arm up under warm water in the morning. I use the heating pad at night to keep things moving. I'm excited to see the physical therapist next week. I hope I've made some good progress by then, something that can be built upon. Bracing myself for how painful it will be but ready to drive!! Haven't driven in 5 weeks. I need to get out!! Serious cabin fever!! :) In other news I used the elliptical yesterday and think I'll be able to do that in lieu of running until I get a 100% ok to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment