Saturday, May 16, 2009

Spring Showers Bring Work

Plain and Simple!!

So we have this pool and we live in Texas and we have Pecan and Oak trees. It has rained here every week, at least 2-3 days per week for what seems to be months.

Except yesterday! Yeah!! Hubby was off work, so we decided to tackle the pool!

An entire spring of what I call "leafbuds" are in the pool! For the pool to be functioning and not a swamp several things have to happen.

Leaves, et al have to go: squat, row row row with the skimmer, stand and discard leaves from skimmer. K?? you with me...now multiply that times 45 minutes.

Scrub the pool floor: think giant tub in a guys dorm and all you have is water and a toothbrush to clean it with! another 45 minutes.

Skim the water for more stuff: row row row with the skimmer, stand and discard. This I did for about another 20 minutes.

Shock the pool. Hubby does that.

Although I did all of this yesterday, its still not ready. There is more skimming to do. This is what I get for not starting on this earlier in the year. And it rained this morning.....ugh.

I'll be spending quality time with the skimmer again today! Thus I will not be running this morning, however I'll be able to swim soon!! yeah!!!       

No comments:

Post a Comment