Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Don't hate me because

I was lurkin' around at some other SPages and seeing how many folks say....I've struggled with weight all my life, or since high school or whatever.

I haven't. This is relatively new to me.

Up until about 10 years ago I wore a 4. Then I got married and moved into an 8. And somehow or another my healthy habits went out the window. Then I had a baby and moved up to a 12.

I have been up and down the scale since childbirth and never gotten back to my prepregnancy weight, where I wanted to lose 5 pounds before I got pregnant.... only recently has it been difficult to keep it down.

Maybe its my 40's.

Ya know, in my 20's I was in the 120's. In my 30's in the 130's. In my 40's in the 140's. I can't see being 150, 160, 170. This has to stop!

On the other hand I watched my mom and (now) my sister struggle with weight. From one diet to the next. They've watched me eat whatever I want and hardly gain an ounce for years. My sister joked with my neice the other day that even in high school I had to wear childrens clothes because I was so small.

Anyway, my point is, I don't want my children to see me struggle. I want them to see me be healthy and stay healthy and set the example of health and strength. Both personal and physical.       

No comments:

Post a Comment