Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The One Where I Still Give Thirty-Five Dollars and I Don't Care

Brace yourself, here are my random thoughts that I posted on Jamie, The Very Worst Missionaries Blog regarding the World Vision controversy.

I don't care.

There I said it. Out loud. I don't care. If any kind if "sexuals" get married or are partners or aren't. I think sexuality is the least of our concerns lately (read should be). I mean has anyone seen the news lately? Jesus is coming (look busy)! ;)

What I do care about is grace and that I give it (more than ever) to those who don't deserve it, because i.so.do.not.deserve.it! And to those who do (deserve it), because i.so.do.not.deserve.it!

And I'm still giving $35.00 per month, and sending birthday cards and writing letters, and receiving them*, even if WV hires a one eyed one horned flying purple people eater, but only the ones with the stones in there hands. Ya know, the people eater would needs boundaries, otherwise it would eat the children in need, or the people who still care about the children in need. But he's purple, so there's that.... he might be discriminated against like the sexuals** and then WV would have to make an HR announcement about him too! Round and round we go!

*I thought only Paul talked like this.... "Greetings to you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ...." Yea, that's how my letters begin from Tushar. He likes Jesus songs and stories and wants me to pray for his family.

I'm praying Tushar. I'm praying.

I'm praying for you and for this nation to... well not this nation (and that's a whole other blog)... for this generation InterWeb of Christians; The ones where Jesus didn't apparently didn't say IT is finished. IT. All of IT. The sin, the sacrificing, the stone throwing, the waiting for grace....

The Kingdom came. Somewhere along with way it went out the window. Maybe Tushar knows where it is, particularly with his greetings! :)

**I'm using the term "sexuals" to describe all people, hetero or otherwise, because sin abounds in us all. Married, single, partnered, civil union. And guess what, I still don't care.

To continue my thoughts.... There are some times God just doesn't need that kind of mouth piece.  In fact, He speaks for Himself perfectly!  Have you looked around lately? Seen a sunset? A puppy? The seasons change? A life changed?

In the words of  Jen Hatmaker at the IF:Gathering

When church becomes an enterprise, faith becomes something to prove and defend, people become commodities, Christianity becomes a contest and the world is bludgeoned.  Stop backing up around the gospel, guns blazing, to defend it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment