Tuesday, November 5, 2013

#shereadstruth Day 16

Oh how it stings.

James 3:11-12
Colossians 4:6

Speak Evil
Gracious
Seasoned with Salt


Only one lawgiver
Able to save or destroy
Who Are You?

Pierced, am I.  I am opinionated and critical.

Remember your place - You Are Not The Light.
The job of the Holy Spirit has been filled, no more applicants need apply!

God will convict - this is not your position
God will judge - this is not your position
God will make sin apparent - this is not your position

Do you help or harm?
Is it about your or their well being?

A critical heart is a problem, it usurps God's position.  A critical heart is toxic for your faith because it places you before God in your own eyes.

Speak evil: katalaleo verb
To speak against one, to criminate.

Root: katalalos noun
A Defamer

Gracious: Noah Webster
Favorable, Kind, Expressing kindness, contributing to the happiness of others.

Seasoned: artyo verb
To prepare, to arrange

Root: airo verb
To raise up, lift up, elevate

Salt: halas noun
symbol of lasting concord because it protects and preserves.
wisdom and grace in speech

For some reason this reminds me of Nichole Nordemans song Take Me As I Am:

To wear wisdom like Solomon's robe
For the patience and perspective of a man like Job
Just to soar on wings of eagles
For no other reason than the bird's eye view
For a flight or two
And the list gets longer
Who I wish I was, and was no longer

…..and the list gets longer… between who I wish I was and (want to be) no longer. 

I know that all of this has to do with heart change and of that I'm in desperate need.  Desperate.
I can't be good enough, I want to be.  I'm not.  I fail and fail and fail again.  Yet trying each day to submit,  resist, draw near, receive grace, be humble…..before I am humbled.  

No comments:

Post a Comment