Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The One Where I Found Out "This Is Your Pace"

Sooo, my regular group of girls aren't available to run yesterday and I posted on my local running board that I was running if anyone wanted to join me. (see previous race report for RRC details) 

So when one of the Elites posted she'd run with me.... I freaked out a bit. She said she'd run my pace (oh thank God!)!!! 

Another runner girl was coming as well, she's a high school/college track kid. But she's just getting back into running. 

The regular group of ladies says they run 10-11 pace..... really they run a 9-10 pace.... heavy on the 9! LOL It's nice to have them push me. I need the push. I'm gasping for air sometimes, but I still need the push. Look!! I really CAN run faster than 12-13!! I just need to get that through my head! 

So I meet up with the two ladies and we head out. Elite Runner begins running, I though well we'll see if she speeds up any cuz this was a slow-ish pace. But its a training runs and that's what I needed. 

As we got started Hazel saw a nickel she said it was so beat up though it wasn't worth anything, but I stopped and picked it up! Stuck it in my pocket! 

I thought we'd run the HM Route, part of it at least. It's a good stretch of road and is challenging. I thought we'd run an easy 3-4. Hazel just kept running and talking and coaching us. She's A-MAY-ZING! Before we knew it we'd run 3! Well we could keep going or we could turn around. We decided to head back. Darlene said she was surprised she'd run that far, normally she's struggling to get past 4 with our group. I laughed and said that's cuz our group doesn't run 11-12 pace! LOL 

A little ways down I saw a penny, picked it up and stuck it in my pocket. 

This course is hilly and hard. There are no two ways about it. On the hills I'd slow down a bit and shorten my stride.... Hazel would yell out "Just pull the rope" Pull The Rope up the hill!! I had never heard that before but those words helped me more than ever!! 

As we were pulling the rope, I found another nickel! WOW!! I was so excited. I knew Nancy would be sooo proud!! :) 

I stopped a few times for a drink and it was beginning to warm up. They were a little bit a head of me on the hills, but I caught up on the down hill side. :) We had a great run and great conversation afterwards!! 

I took Marys advice and didn't put my headphones in or listen to my pace. Since it was a training run and on the slower side of things, I was still surprised by my performance. 

Mile 1: 

AP: 11.36 
FP: 9.32 
$$: .06 

Mile 2: 

AP: 11.04 
FP: 9.33 
$$: .00 

Mile 3: 

AP: 11.09 
FP: 10.19 
$$: .00 

Mile 4: 

AP: 11.23 
FP: 10:00 
$$: .00 

Mile 5: 

AP: 11.14 
FP: 10.18 
$$: .05 

Mile 6: 

AP: 11.23 
FP: 10.19 
$$: .00 

Mile: .37 

AP: 11.46 
FP: 10.56 

I was tired but exhilarated!! Sore but happy!! 

This is my 4th over 4 mile training run this month!! WOOT! 

This weekend bring on 8.5!! SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!! For Real Though, I've GOT THIS!! I've GOT This!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment