Monday, January 24, 2011

The One Where I Run The Hot Chocolate Race

I picked My #1 Donut up around 7AM and then headed out for our Addison Adventure. It was cold and rainy and hard to see and I got lost a couple of times but we MADE it there!!

Found the race site and then found our Spark Peeps!! Jerome, Amy, Nancy, Andrea, Lynette, Michelene,Susie, Donut, Laurie (?), a few others who's name escapes me at the moment.

We dropped all our stuff off with Susie AKA Donut and found our place at the start. I was gonna run with Lynette.....well for as long as I could!

Around the 1/2 mile mark my right shoe came untied and I had to stop, I lost Lynette from there but kept going. The first few miles with her though I was running a 9mm!! And it didn't feel too fast or like I was gonna pass out! But after I stopped to tie my shoe I was a bit slower. Down to my normal 11mm pace. I made it over the first hill and was feeling good! No pain no need to adjust. I felt good!! YAY!

I got down the hill at a bit of a quicker pace and could hear the cheers of the lady who was there with her own police detail! She'd already made it to the turn around!

I made it to the turn around in about 18-19 minutes and I was feeling good! Then the that darned hill was in my face again! I told myself "Commit to the hill!" And I would count off 10-20 seconds and then look up to see how far I had to go! LOL Just how much more commitment would this take!

After that is was GRAVY! Cuz the turn to the home stretch was next! I did experience a bit of chaffing. I forgot to wear a t-shirt instead of sleeveless, but other than that, I felt great!

I'm sore, but not in pain. YAY!!!!

I finished by the RunKeeper 35.17 by the official time 35.50. Because Susie Donut, let me race with her bib, all the stats are under her name. Hmmmmmm....just looked up the stats. There aren't any for the bib number. Odd.

In my age group I would have finished 30th out of 65! WOOT!! But under her age group I was 38/75!! COOL!

Lynette/Susie found me at the finish and we waited for the others! :D We met back up inside, got out hot chocolate and ate yummy donuts that Susie made for our fabulous Spark Team!!

We hung out. We took Pictures. We had a great time!! Can't wait for next month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment