Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The One Where I Stopped Being Scared

My first Long Run of Dallas Rock N Roll Training. It was at this stage of training 3 years ago that I fell and busted my knee. A little closer to March, but I had just run my 8 mile training run..... on the treadmill. Wow, I remember the days when I did all my training on the treadmill because I was too scared to run outside alone. Scared to fall Scared of animals Scared of attackers Scared of people Just plain scared. All my spark peeps had faith in me way before I did. Y'all knew all along that I had this in me! Thank you for your positive force! Time and many more miles has changed a lot of things.... Sure I'm still scared... and yes I did fall and injure myself seriously. But I keep lacing up and heading out the door to log miles and smiles with my Sole Sisters! If you aren't part of a running club I encourage you to be a part of www.momsrunthistown.com You don't have to be a mom to join, You don't even have to be a runner. There are many walkers in our group. College kids. Women with no children. We ladies from elite runners to beginners. If you don't have a chapter where you are.... start one! That's what we did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment