Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The One Where I'm Inspired to Do That

Sooo Sunday I had at least 20 friends running in the Dallas Rock N Roll Half. I was able to hitch a ride with some new running friends! WOOT 

I watched a several of my RRC buddies come by at the 3.5 mark, the 12.5 mark and the finish. 

I saw Jerome (fearless leader of the Dallas Spark Team) several times!! Was able to run out at the 12.5 mile mark and high five him!! Told him he was doing a great job and I'd see him at the finish soon! 

Near him at the 3.5 mark was my youngest sons homeroom teacher, music teacher and another RRC Friend. :) 

I saw so many runners who inspired me. So many.... 

But when the Wounded Warrior came by... in full tactical gear.... everyone cheering for him, tears streamed down my face. The guy running beside him carrying the flag!! WOW 

I saw him several times throughout the race. People would get on their feet cheering and clapping for him! 

I saw him finish.... there are just no.words for his accomplishment. 

Anyway, flash forward to Monday. I was talking with my kids teacher; she told me about her experience, how wonderful it was to have people she knew cheering for her along the way. Knowing I would be out of town for the Patriot, the first 1/2 to be in my home town, she asked me if I would run the Wounded Warrior Project Half. 

I told her I would look into it. 

I got home, I looked up the info, I just so happen to be available that weekend. 

I plan on running the DRC 10-Mile Race May 5th, what's 3.1 more miles 36 days later? 

I'm running 17-ish for the Capitol to Coast in October, I guess I'd better get 13 under my belt before then! :) 

Sooo.... I saw the Wounded Warrior Run Sunday.... in 75 days I will run with him!! 
I.will.run.with.him!

No comments:

Post a Comment